Software Engineer - Product Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
At Quora, our mission to share and grow the world's knowledge has a long-term focus. We want this knowledge to be around forever, and that means building strong foundations for our products that will be performant and reliable at massive scale. As a product infrastructure engineer, you'll be responsible for building products from the ground up.
Product infrastructure engineers are a unique breed - they are passionate about tackling complex technical challenges to make sure our products are not just engaging, but also long-lasting. They play a key role in our engineering team's culture of learning, promoting best practices for system design and reviewing architectural decisions. At the same time, they are heavily involved in the product development cycle. As creators of large products and services, they collaborate closely with engineers and others on the product development team to make visible impact on both the product and the company.
- Work on a product team focused on a major user-facing area of Quora.
- Design, analyze, and review architecture for large products, minimizing maintenance and ensuring performance, scalability and reliability.
- Collaborate with designers, product engineers and data scientists to implement functionality and analyze impact.
- Work with infrastructure engineers to scale backend services supporting products.
- Drive multiple projects, prioritizing effectively to ship new features and scale up existing ones.
- Passion for experimentation and new ideas.
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you.
- Knowledge of distributed storage systems.
- Years of experience with end-to-end product development at major web and mobile companies.
- Ability to think holistically about a complex, social product, and map big picture metrics to a realistic, actionable plan.
- Love of the Quora product.
- Knowledge of Python a plus.