Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Mountain View, CA
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning engineer to join our growing engineering team. At Quora, we use Machine Learning in almost every part of the product - feed ranking, answer ranking, search, topic and user recommendations, spam detection etc. As a Machine Learning expert, you will have a unique opportunity to have high impact by advancing these systems, as well as uncovering new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to the Quora product. You will also play a key role in developing tools and abstractions that our other developers would build on top of.
- Improve our existing Machine Learning systems using your core expertise
- Identify new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to different parts of the Quora product
- Work with other engineers to implement algorithms and systems in an efficient way
- Take end to end ownership of Machine Learning systems - from data pipelines and training, to realtime prediction engines.
- 3+ years of industry experience in Machine Learning or related field
- Good understanding of mathematical foundations of Machine Learning algorithms
- Previous experience building end to end Machine Learning systems
- Knowledge of Python or C++, or the ability to learn them quickly
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Love of the Quora product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.