Engineering Manager - Data Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
We believe that the vast majority of the human knowledge isn't on the internet but is trapped inside the heads of humans. All of us uniquely know about some things but other people have no way to access our knowledge. Our mission is to create a repository for all human knowledge and make it accessible to everyone. Access to knowledge plays a major role in the macro progress of a civilization and the economic upliftment of the masses — we believe that we will have a huge impact on the world if we are able to execute on our mission.
We are looking for an engineering leader to help us with our mission by leading and growing our data-infrastructure team. Our data infrastructure team is responsible for all things data — our data warehouse, Hadoop, Redshift, Spark, Kafka, Airflow and so on. The team works very closely with the data science team and various other engineering teams.
- Work closely with Recruiting to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events and on-boarding new employees
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members
- Own and develop our data-infrastructure roadmap
- Identify new opportunities to make our data science org more effective by improving the data infrastructure
- Advise on code quality, high-level architecture, build vs. buy decisions and adopting new technologies
- Partner with other teams and functions to collaborate on projects across the company
- Work with the engineering management team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire engineering team.
- 5+ years of industry experience in data infrastructure or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in managing engineering teams
- Strong awareness of the various technologies and tools in the data infrastructure space
- Strong architecture design skills
- Love of the Quora product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.