Software Engineer - Machine Learning Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
We think Machine Learning is going to play an important role in helping Quora achieve its mission of growing and sharing the world's knowledge. We have tens of Machine Learning models in production powering various product features. We use a variety of algorithms — everything from linear models to decision trees and deep neural networks. Our production models operate at a huge scale and help over a hundred million people using Quora every month.
We want to empower all ML engineers at Quora to be as impactful as they can be in solving different ML problems at scale. To that end, we are looking for engineers to help us build our company-wide ML development platform. In this role, you will be the part of a small team solving very interesting technical problems at the intersection of various exciting domains like Machine Learning, Distributed Systems and High Performance Computing. Your work will have an enormous impact on Quora's long-term success.
- Build and maintain large scale distributed systems to support the whole pipeline from data collection and training to deployment
- Write efficient implementations of ML algorithms over CPUs & GPUs
- Integrate our in-house systems with open source libraries like Spark and Tensorflow
- Build abstractions to automate various steps in different ML workflows
- Build tools to debug, visualize and inspect various features and models
- Work with the engineers who use the platform, and help them be more impactful by improving the platform
- 5+ years of industry experience in Machine Learning, Infrastructure or related fields
- Experience with designing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with building end-to-end machine learning systems
- Knowledge of Python or C++, or the ability to learn them quickly
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Love of the Quora product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.