Mountain View, CA
Every day millions of people seek answers and share their knowledge through Quora. As a User Researcher, you'll work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to shape this unique platform. You'll help teams see and understand our users from different vantage points, from micro-interactions to the thousand-foot view of how they're connected. You'll unpack mental models, motivations and cultural norms, with the goal of helping teams improve the product.
Read more about design at Quora or apply now if you're ready!
- Plan and execute research for the most impact across the product development cycle. Collaborate cross-functionally.
- Use research to help product teams make confident decisions, and build empathy and intuition for our users.
- Communicate findings to working teams and share broadly throughout the company
- Investigate and experiment with new tools and methods. Innovate how we do research.
- Support and consult on designer- or pm-led research.
- Collaborate with Data Science to present complementary qualitative and quantitative sides of the picture.
- 5+ years of industry experience in User Research or related field.
- Degree in: HCI, psychology, anthropology, sociology, or other related domain
- Strong understanding of different research methods and when to use them: from formative to summative, quantitative to qualitative, or generative to evaluative
- Experience with concept and language testing, usability studies, paper prototype testing, interviewing, and surveys, at a minimum. Field studies, ethnography, participatory design, diary studies, or A/B testing experience are a plus.
- Strong communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Experience with recruiting and/or developing screeners
- Working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- Understanding of and excitement for Quora as a product
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: mobile, social media, user-generated content, online communities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.