Software Engineer - ML Transition Program
Mountain View, CA
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is interested in transitioning into the fast growing Machine Learning field. At Quora, we use Machine Learning in almost every part of the product - feed ranking, answer ranking, search, topic and user recommendations, spam detection etc. You will join a machine learning team and will spend 3-6 months paired with an experienced engineer who will help you apply your general engineering skills toward machine learning problems, delivering immediate impact toward improving the Quora product. If successful, you will have an option to continue as an ML engineer, or apply your newly learned skills as a general software engineer.
- Quickly learn new techniques and apply them to real problems
- Improve our existing Machine Learning systems using your engineering skills
- Work with other engineers to implement algorithms and systems in an efficient way
- Take end to end ownership of Machine Learning systems - from data pipelines and training, to realtime prediction engines.
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- General understanding of Machine Learning at the level of a semester-long ML class (college or multiple MOOCs)
- Passion for learning
- Previous experience building internet applications and large systems
- Knowledge of Python or C++
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Love of the Quora product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.