Software Engineer - Infrastructure/Systems
Mountain View, CA
Infrastructure software engineers at Quora are responsible for designing, building and evolving our core infrastructure.
Quora is a rapidly growing company with an intense focus on solving challenging technical problems. We believe in fostering a culture with strong engineering values and goals as the key to building a great company and product. We use continuous deployment and EC2 so all code that gets checked in goes live to production within minutes, no matter what time it is.
- Design, implement and evolve critical high performance, scalable distributed software systems and libraries
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of Quora's core systems
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Participate in the design and implementation of next generation systems
- Seek opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering teams
- Build developer tools to increase efficiency of all teams at Quora
- Ensure the security of our systems
- At least 5 years of relevant development experience
- Strong experience in significant cross-functional engineering efforts
- Excellent Python/C++/Java development skills
- Strong experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Strong experience with MySQL and in-memory caching systems such as Redis, Memcached
- Experience with Linux operating system internals, filesystems, disk/storage technologies and storage protocols
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud technologies
- Experience with scripting languages
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Love of the Quora product
- Experience with distributed storage systems such as HBase
- Knowledge of application and system security a plus
- Open source contributions
We also have some challenges (http://www.quora.com/about/challenges) that you can try for fun or if you want to make your application stand out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.