Software Engineer - Ads
Mountain View, CA
Quora's mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge. To fully achieve this, we need to make sure that the knowledge on Quora will improve and last forever. Revenue from our monetization efforts play a part in empowering us to do that. As we increase in our reach to hundreds of millions of visitors, we have started building a new online ad platform for advertisers to be able to reach their audience through Quora.
The challenge for this early stage team is to design and build ads in a way that will fit in well and make Quora better, and generate revenue that is critical to the success of the company and mission. Through large amounts of data and product intuition, we want to be able to understand the intent and interest of our readers, and match them well with what the advertiser is offering. We build data-intensive applications and systems that help us maintain a high bar for advertisers, so that the content of our ads is comparable to the quality of the content they appear alongside.
- Work on a early stage product team focused on generating revenue for the success of the company and mission. Be a strong generalist, able to work quickly and effectively on solving multiple types of problems, such as real-time insights reporting, low-latency ad delivery, and a suite of advertiser tools to create and optimize campaigns.
- Architect, design and implement features for our mission-critical online ad platform at massive scale with data-driven iteration.
- Identify high impact features that achieve engineering and revenue goals, and be able to explain rationale for your decisions.
- Drive projects from ideation to production using the full technology stack.
- Work with designers, fellow engineers and data scientists to prototype and implement functionality and analyze impact.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional product development experience
- Love of both the Quora product and community
- Excellent Python, Java or C++ development skills
- Knowledge of backend storage systems such as MySQL, HBase, Memcached, or Redis
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems is a plus
- 3+ years of relevant product development experience in ads is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.