Brand Design Manager
Mountain View, CA
Each of us has unique expertise. Whether it's the subject of a doctoral thesis, advice for dealing with life's stresses, tips for what to do in a neighborhood, or reactions to current events, our knowledge has the potential to transform lives for the better. Despite this, we rarely think to share that knowledge with others. That's where Quora comes in.
As a Brand Design Manager at Quora, you'll support and guide a team working on everything from high-level brand development and refinement to in-product illustration and graphical systems for marketing, events, and PR to apparel design and more. Reporting directly to the Head of Brand Design, you'll be charged with making sure that Quora's aesthetic elements and products represent its scope, ambition, and values and that our Brand Design team operates autonomously and ably across many channels.
Because we're making Quora for billions of users, our brand and marketing must be exceptional. You'll play a key role in its evolution and elevation, leading the effort to make it speak to as many people as possible about what Quora can mean in their lives. This is an important role for our company, and we expect to keep growing Brand Design from its current size of four individual contributors. We're looking for someone who will want not only to make Quora's brand and marketing amazing, but also to define this team's culture, processes, and organizational impact.
If you're interested in helping to democratize access to knowledge and you're looking for autonomy and impact on a team which values what you do and is eager for the influence your taste and skill can have, we'd love to talk to you!
- Drive iterative and collaborative processes within the team and across the organization with stakeholders
- Manage brand designers with different specialties and focuses, ensuring that their work is successful, while developing their skills and competencies in many areas
- Oversee all design-related activities, responding to briefs and requests but also charting a course for the team and function that reflects the mission of the company
- Helping to create and pursue a vision for the highest-leverage work Brand Design can do at Quora
- 3-5 years of experience in management or leadership roles, demonstrating the ability to manage designers and achieve high-quality work through them; we believe it's important to genuinely care about the people reporting to you as well, to understand them, to be invested in their career trajectories
- A strong understanding of Quora —the company, the business, the mission— and how that informs our work; you're not expected to know this now, but to develop it quickly through the application and ramping process.
- Excellent communication skills, from balancing candor with sensitivity to translating concepts for stakeholders to giving feedback that's useful, helpful, and meaningful.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.