Software Engineer - User Interface
Mountain View, CA
- Build efficient, robust, reusable front-end abstractions that power our website, Android and iOS apps.
- Handle a fast moving environment that ships products quickly while maintaining extremely high quality code.
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and best practices. Enforce standards through regular code reviews.
- Fantastic leadership and communication skills with both designers and engineers.
- Write and maintain internal tools to help increase developer efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactively find problems or gaps in our codebase and fix them.
- Deep knowledge of web technologies, e.g. HTML, CSS. Experience with LESS or SASS is a plus.
- Some knowledge of server-side languages and web frameworks. Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience debugging across multiple browsers. Experience with UI testing tools like Selenium or phantomJS is a plus.
- Experience optimizing the speed and performance of websites.
- Experience maintaining large and growing code bases in a fast-moving environment.
- Interest in staying current with new and evolving web technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.