Software Engineer - Growth
Mountain View, CA
Quora's mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge. Growing Quora's user and content base sustainably is a crucial part of this mission. In May 2017 we passed 200 million monthly uniques, up from 100 million in 2016, but we are just getting started!
We are looking for full-stack engineers who enjoy thinking deeply about the product, digging into metrics, prioritizing ideas, and iterating quickly to find ways to sustainably grow Quora. You will be responsible to identify opportunities and build product features to grow the number of people who come to Quora to share knowledge and better understand the world.
- Implement and test product features or mechanics to optimize Quora's growth loop
- Uncover growth opportunities and generate hypotheses to test, through data analysis and understanding of user behavior
- Estimate engineering efforts and closely contribute to the team's prioritization of projects
- Identify opportunities to build tools and technical systems to unlock rapid growth
- Extensive development experience for high traffic web and mobile sites
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional experience in working on full-stack application development
- Experience running A/B tests to optimize the growth loop of a product
- Comfortable analyzing data using statistical methods
- Passion for experimentation and new ideas
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Love of the Quora product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.