Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Want to unlock insights from data to help doctors and nurses?
Apply to be on our data science team!
Have you ever found yourself or a loved one waiting hours and hours in a hospital Emergency Room to get care? Did you ever feel there weren't enough nurses to take care of all the patients in your area of the hospital? Or have you ever had a surgery scheduled for months in the future that needed to happen sooner? Unfortunately our healthcare system is full of these types of operational problems. Qventus is looking for a superstar machine learning engineer who can help redefine how healthcare systems work. Our work saves lives and helps hospitals cut tens of millions of dollars in operational costs, while improving the quality of care they’re able to deliver.
- Develop robust, scalable production data products
- Transform and convert data streams into structures needed for algorithm input. Verify data quality, and/or ensure it via data cleaning.
- Integrate services that host the trained models into business processes.
- Apply your experience in making intelligent, forward-thinking, technical decisions in our development process, including implementing new standards, tools, APIs, and workflows.
- Work with our model designers and product teams collaboratively.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and share best practices and experiences with the team.
- Strong and proven software development skills.
- Have a mastery of data structures and database fundamentals, with solid Python expertise and experience with cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS Sagemaker, Snowflake).
- Knowledge of various machine learning methods and libraries, natural language processing is a plus.
- Several years of experience building production services. A track record of implementing data-driven products is ideal.
- Experience building and productionizing microservices and APIs, experience with continuous integration and delivery.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: empathy, transparency, and respect are core values of ours, and we maintain a great culture this way.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field.
Apply if you are interested in helping us fix healthcare!
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.