Senior Full Stack Engineer
Have you ever found yourself or a loved one waiting hours and hours in a hospital Emergency Room to get care? Or have you ever had a surgery scheduled for months in the future that needed to happen sooner? Unfortunately, our healthcare system is full of these types of operational problems. Our work saves lives and helps hospitals cut tens of millions of dollars in operational costs, while improving the quality of care they’re able to deliver.
Qventus is a real-time decision making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2019 Black Book Awards in healthcare for patient flow and by CB Insights as a 2019 top 100 Most Promising Company in Artificial Intelligence. Recently, Qventus won the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Emergency Response for the Healthcare System Innovation Challenge through its work helping health systems across the country plan for and operate in the COVID pandemic.
Qventus is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who has a passion for technology and solving interesting challenges. You will design and implement highly scalable systems and algorithms for high throughput, performance, reliability and latency. You will join some of the brightest and extremely hard-working engineers that are driving data driven decisions across the organization. The output of your work will be instrumental in redefining healthcare operations. We’re taking modern technologies and principles that have been proven in other industries — artificial intelligence, machine learning, behavioral science, data science — and applying them to healthcare operations. Come help us simplify how healthcare operates!
Core Position Responsibilities:
- Ability to bring your phenomenal technical chops to deliver high quality code, write more code, and write better code while you are at it.
- Design and implement highly scalable backend systems and algorithms for high throughput, performance, reliability and latency.
- Architect web/mobile applications for company products and deliver technically challenging products.
- Create data models and designs using SQL, NoSQL & in-memory databases.
- Stay up-to-date on modern security design principles, threats & preventive implementations.
- Learn new company technologies and work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites.
- Work closely with the rest of the team members to develop, test, deploy, and operate high quality software.
- You'll guide your team to understand and work through changing priorities by bringing positive energy.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer working with web technologies.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience of 5+ years.
- Experience with Amazon AWS services or other cloud services.
- Experience with React framework.
- Experience with Python Flask or Python Django.
Nice to have's:
- Experience with GraphQL, WebSockets (highly preferred).
- Experience as a team lead or in a supervisory/management role of a team of web and database developers.
- Experience with Node JS or Angular (highly desired).
- Prior experience working for an enterprise SaaS company is a plus!
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found here: https://qventus.com/ccpa-privacy-notice/