Customer Support Lead
Mountain View, CA
The Customer Support Lead has the primary objective of driving the vision for consistency in customer support standards. The Customer Support Lead is accountable for shaping and delivering the business’s consumer service propositions in order to drive the overall performance of the department. Customer Support Lead balances customer support strategy with delivery and champions for people management, performance management, and talent agendas, enabling excellence in customer support delivery, upholding a consumer-centric focus and mind-set of surpassing departmental expectations. The Customer Support Lead oversees cost effectiveness, productivity, and the provision of customer support procedures that nurture continuous improvement.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
Leadership/Supervisory Role: The first and most prominent role of the Customer Support Lead is to provide leadership and direction to the entire customer support department. In this role, you will establish and oversee the adoption of the support department’s vision, goals and objectives at all levels. In this role, you will ensure that the customer support department needs are correctly prioritized in order to ensure the correctly prioritized allocation of resources. As the Customer Support Lead, you will also evangelize the importance of the customer experience to the overall performance of the business and will establish yourself as the go-to expert for senior sales management within the sales department and the business at large. In this capacity, the Customer Support Lead also plays a mentorship role to key customer support employees.
Strategy: The Customer Support Lead plays the lead role in strategy formulation for the customer support department. You will also oversee and determine key strategic direction and objectives of customer support department. The Customer Support Lead drives necessary changes for the improvement of operating and organizational efficiency of the customer support team.
Analytics: The Customer Support Lead is also tasked with a strategic role, where you will measure the effectiveness of all customer support approaches and initiatives primarily through conducting consumer surveys and analysis of recorded support agent to consumer correspondence. The Customer Support Lead also conducts research and puts performance measures in place for the purpose of continually monitoring the customer support performance processes, which leads to the formulation of improved approaches and strategies that facilitate the achievement of consumer satisfaction targets.
Relationships: The Customer Support Lead is also in charge of managing both internal and external relationships on behalf of the customer support department. You will be in charge of all top administration customer support management and stakeholders as well as engaging in direct interactions with the business’s consumers. These interactions will normally involve negotiation with consumers with an aim of collecting feedback on customer support efforts and influencing senior customer support management and stakeholders on proposed approaches and strategies for the department.
- Exceptional communication skills in order to effectively communicate with consumers and convey accurate and high-quality feedback to the business that will facilitate the formulation of effective approaches and strategies.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong technological acumen.
- Possess a keen understanding of financial metrics inclusive of cost management, budget setting, call forecasting, and revenue generation.
- Possess strong skills in data management, analysis, and processing, having an ability to translate raw consumer support data and information into actionable solutions and strategies.
- Must have an ability to think creatively and strategically, have the ability to multi-task and work comfortably under pressure, to identify issues and work to resolve them in partnership with business leaders and have an ability to operate effectively under pressure and deliver results.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, possess strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, be self-motivated working under minimal supervision, and demonstrate calmness and composure under stress and uncertainty and inspire the same in junior customer support personnel.
- Possess outstanding leadership skills.
A suitable candidate will also have had proven and successful experience driving positive change and influencing enhanced performance in a customer support department. This candidate will also have had a proven and successful experience mapping consumer journeys and creating customer support strategies. As a bonus, the candidate will also portray a deep understanding of the importance of aligning departmental targets with the business KPI's.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Psychology, Information Systems, International Relations, Information Technology, or any other related field. The equivalent in working experience is also acceptable.
- Masters degree is preferred with 5+ years of working experience in customer support, preferably working as a Customer Support Manager for a business within a fast-paced and competitive environment. The candidate will also have vast experience in customer service research and analytical techniques.
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.