Cyber Security Engineer / Analyst
DC, NYC, or London
Advanced Data Analytics
QxBranch is seeking a cyber risk analyst for developing and validating quantitative models for assessing cyber risk. Experience in cyber security and advanced data analytics is required. This position is located in either Washington DC or Adelaide, with opportunities to work in New York City or London offices, or remotely in some circumstances. Candidates must be effective working in team environments, independently formulating and developing creative solutions, and regularly interacting with clients. Qualifications typically includes a Bachelor's of Science in a related field with relevant industry experience.
· Prototype, develop, deliver, and support complex analytics models
· Work on an internationally distributed team, with schedule flexibility
· Deliver high quality technical outcomes while adhering to cost and schedule constraints
· Continue technical and professional development to ensure QxBranch technology remains on the cutting edge
Education and experience requirements
· Thorough understanding of cyber security policies, practices, and technologies
· Experience with offensive and defensive cyber security technologies, such as penetration testing, network flow monitoring, network security software, and exploit detection software
· Familiarity with cyber incident forensics and response, such as breach detection, log analysis, loss assessment, and remediation
· Proficiency in Python
· Bachelor of Science or higher in engineering, science, or mathematics, with specializations related to computer science preferred
· Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, including internships, part-time positions, and graduate level education
· Experience in probabilistic modeling, web scraping, and natural language processing
· Competence in common data analytics tasks, including ingest, cleaning, feature extraction, modeling, statistical validation, and visualization / reporting
QxBranch maintains world-class skills in systems engineering, data analytics, and risk analysis across multiple domains. We provide our customers with data analytics as a service, assured software solutions, and identification and development of quantum computing applications. The company is a global leader in developing quantum computing software and algorithms.
QxBranch is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Hong Kong, London, and Adelaide. Our clients include investment banks, hedge funds, and aerospace & defense firms. Washington Life Magazine named QxBranch to its 2015 “Tech 25” list.