Project Engineering Manager
Advanced Data Analytics
QxBranch is seeking a talented project manager with a background in systems engineering and a history of delivering analytics and software projects. The successful applicant will be invited to join our welcoming, diverse team in Washington DC and work on innovative solutions to complex problems. The role will require you to interact with clients and collaborate at a senior level within QxBranch’s passionate team of data scientists and software developers, shaping systems and projects to meet client needs.
QxBranch offers a flexible, equal-opportunity workplace with an engaged and talented team delivering high-quality projects on the cutting edge of technology. Occasional interstate and international travel for client workshops and technical networking will be required.
Your experience must include a minimum of 10 years within the industry covering the full spectrum of project management and systems engineering practices.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in and qualification for the role.
- Lead and manage projects within the QxBranch team, applying your project management and systems engineering skills to ensure effective delivery of software and analysis outcomes to our clients’ business.
- Establish trusted client relationships during project delivery to make sure the right products are delivered, and that QxBranch is well‑positioned for future work.
- Collaborate with the QxBranch leadership team to shape our Program of work, develop and maintain technical support networks, and implement the company’s strategy.
- Make a personal contribution to the advancement of QxBranch’s project, program, and systems engineering management maturity.
- Mentor and coach others on your team in project and engineering excellence, and team‑work, to maintain an enthusiastic culture of high‑impact, high‑quality solutions.
You must have demonstrated skills/experience/capability in the following:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering (Data Analytics, Computer Systems, or Systems). Additional qualifications in the fields of management, mathematics or physics are also highly regarded.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant industry experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including report writing.
- Team-based work, including leadership of distributed teams.
- Project and Program management standards, processes, practice, and tools; covering project definition, customer engagement, work breakdown, estimation and scheduling, milestone-based project management, and Agile development methodologies.
- Systems engineering standards, processes, practice, and tools; covering needs elicitation, conceptual modeling, requirements management, solution design, verification and validation, traceability, and operational test and evaluation.
- Engineering management systems and quality assurance processes and tools; covering change control, version control, continuous integration, formal reviews, and risk management.
Experience applying the above to the fields of data science or software development will be highly regarded.
- An agile company, with multiple clients among the Fortune Global 500.
- An inclusive team culture that fosters and rewards excellence.
- Competitive salary based on candidates’ ability to perform.
- An equal opportunity workplace.
- Flexible working hours.
Who are we?
QxBranch is bringing world-class skills in systems engineering, data analytics, machine learning, quantum computing, and risk analysis together to produce innovative solution to client problems across industry sectors.
QxBranch is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Hong Kong, London and Adelaide. Our clients include investment banks, hedge funds, pharmaceutical companies, industrial corporations, government, and other start-ups.