Senior Software Engineer
QxBranch is seeking a talented developer with experience in software engineering and project management. The successful applicant will be invited to join our welcoming, diverse team in Oxford/London and work on innovative solutions to complex problems. The role will require you to interact with clients and collaborate with QxBranch’s passionate team of data scientists and systems engineers, shaping software to meet client needs.
QxBranch offers a flexible, equal-opportunity workplace with an engaged and talented team delivering high-quality projects on the cutting edge of technology. Occasional inter-city and international travel for client workshops and technical networking will be required.
We are seeking a developer with at least seven years of experience within the industry, covering the full spectrum of software engineering practices. Some experience in software project management is highly desirable.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in and qualification for the role.
- Hands on best practices software development in various modern languages
- Application of software engineering skills to quantum computing and advanced data science problems
- Lead achievement of the team’s software engineering outcomes in a distributed environment
- Mentoring and advancement of other team members
- Participate in and encourage our team culture of excellence and engineering quality
- Develop and maintain internal and external collaborative relationships
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering (Computer Systems, Software, IT&T, Systems). Specializations in computer science, advanced mathematics and physics are highly regarded
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team-based work, including leadership of distributed teams
- Software engineering standards and practice, covering project definition, customer engagement, needs elicitation, model-based design (UML) and Agile and milestone-driven project management
- Project management practice, covering preparation of project management plans, risk management, stakeholder communication and scheduling
- Engineering management systems and quality assurance, covering change control, version control, continuous integration, formal reviews and requirements verification
- Diverse software development principles, covering concurrency design patterns, dependency injection, inversion of control, and performance profiling and tuning
- Multiple software languages and environments, including Windows and Linux systems, Web and REST API development and at least one of C++, C#, Java or Python
- Modern, underlying technologies such as high performance computing, GPGPU, containers and cloud computing environments
- An agile company, with multiple clients among the Fortune Global 500
- Competitive salary based on candidate’s ability to perform
- Modern, high-performance development environment and tools
- An equal opportunity workplace
- Flexible working hours
Who are we?
QxBranch is bringing world-class skills in systems engineering, data analytics, machine learning, quantum computing, and risk analysis together to produce innovative solutions to client problems across industry sectors.
QxBranch is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Adelaide, Oxford, London and Hong Kong. Our clients include investment banks, hedge funds, pharmaceutical companies, industrial corporations, government, and other start-ups.