Professional Services Technical Team Lead
New York /
Professional Services /
R3’s Professional Services team works to bring Corda specialist expertise to our customers to make their adoption successful. We engage directly with our customers to design, build, deploy and advise them on their Corda journey to ensure long-term capabilities are sustained. Through a mix of business consulting, technical solutions and implementation, we help customers achieve their goals in the most effective way for their business.
Our customer-centric and innovative approach to providing services and solutions in the industry allows us to strategically assess our customer's needs and ensure they are set-up for success from the beginning of their journey. In addition to working directly with our customers, we strive to ensure that we are collaborating internally with our Sales, Engineering and Product organisations to provide better tooling, services and products based on our customers evolving needs.
Please see here for more information the PS team https://www.r3.com/professional-services/
Reporting to the Head of Professional Services, you will be taking a strategic lead on client projects and will need excellent client-facing and communication skills.
As a Professional Services Team lead, you will be part of the professional services team, your mission is to help our customers solve complex groundbreaking problems using R3’s blockchain/distributed ledger platform Corda Enterprise. You will leverage your technical expertise to help our customers create scalable solutions using the latest capabilities of Corda.
You will also be required to line manage a handful of professional service consultants, providing technical guidance and mentoring for your team members to support both professional development and customer engagements.
You will be responsible for contributing to the team’s tool-kit of reusable deployment blueprints and document accordingly. The enterprise blockchain space is rapidly developing, opening numerous opportunities to define solutions for problems that no one has solved yet.
Due to the client-facing role nature of this role, it’s will be suited to someone who has previous consultancy or a professional services background, please expect to travel as customers are based in Europe.
- Provide outstanding customer service and be the face of R3; communicate benefits of Corda, R3 and our collaborative model on client engagements and events. Assist client teams with expert knowledge of distributed business models and distributed technology.
- Capture functional and non-functional design requirements from customers and ensure these are traceably translated to design/ implementation/ deployment/ operation.
- Synthesise customer feedback and communicate learnings internally promptly to Engineering, Product and Sales organisations to enhance R3 product and service offerings alongside the evolving needs of our customers
- Identify opportunities for the use of Corda in new applications and associated opportunities for Services.
- Responsible for the quality of the deliverables of the project against requirements and promoted best practices.
- Help recruit and interview new team members
- Instill client confidence and ensure success, with solid technical skills and knowledge, hands-on implementation capabilities, can-do attitude, excellent communication skills, reliability and commitment to delivering quality and adding value
- Mentor Professional Services consultants and developers.
- Contribute towards R3’s Professional Services community via knowledge sharing, best practice documentation and training on our virtual workplace.
- Understanding of DLT/Blockchain technologies and benefits.
- Possesses Strong commercial experience of working with Java-based Enterprise software solutions, previous experiences of leading Java or Kotlin based development teams.
- Previous line management experience would be preferable.
- Any consulting or PS experience highly advantageous, looking for individuals who can drive technical requirements and extracting these into customer solutions.
- Strong technical leadership skills, either still hands-on or recent hands-on experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be able to work successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and able to manage multiple assignments.
- Be comfortable with some ambiguity and be willing to work beyond the strict wording of the job description to achieve the firm’s objectives.
- Able to encourage clients when engagements are not set-up for success and collaborate on risk and issue management.
- Management of the delivery team and proven experience in formal project management processes, either prince or agile.
- Commercial experience with distributed technologies would be ideal.
- Looking for someone who understands Infrastructure as code and understands development is not isolated to create an application but understands, build pipelines and orchestration tools.
- Any Cloud experience using AWS and Azure beneficial.
This job will involve travel, therefore flexibility to travel to client and partner sites for project work.