Senior Counsel/Assistant General Counsel
New York /
We are looking for a Senior Counsel/Assistant General Counsel (depending on experience level) to join our global in-house legal team. The successful candidate will be based in our New York office and will be an integral part of the legal team. If interested, apply including your resume and cover letter.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Admission to New York State Bar (or qualifies to register as in-house counsel in New York)
- 7-13 years of experience at prominent law firm and in-house at a technology company
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating license agreements, SaaS/PaaS Agreements and other technology agreements, services agreements, strategic alliance agreements
- Highly commercially minded
- Experience advising on intellectual property matters
- Experience advising on strategic investment related matters
- Ability to provide day-to-day advice on a wide range of other legal matters (including vendor agreements, regulatory matters, corporate governance, risk management and insurance policies, employment matters)
- Proven ability to collaborate closely with business owners, finance, engineering and procurement on client and vendor matters
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Knowledge of the decentralized platforms space from a legal perspective a plus
- Reporting to Chief Legal Officer
How We’re Handling Covid-19We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.