Staff Performance Engineer (Apps)
The QA Performance Engineer will be responsible for developing performance test cases to validate operation of R3s product suite. The successful candidate will have hands on performance testing experience, understand the challenges of performance testing platform technologies, demonstrate critical investigative abilities, and be able to work well at all levels of the software testing lifecycle. They will be able to analyze complex distributed systems and identify likely areas of performance concern in order to plan, execute and report on tests. They will be experienced using several performance test tools and frameworks, be comfortable with ambiguity and may have worked both in banking and startup environments. The majority of their experience will be from working in agile environments where software engineers, testers, product managers and DevOps work closely together. Trading/Banking system technology experience is not mandatory but a plus.
- Analyze architectural proposals & designs for performance concerns and produce detailed reports ahead of code implementation
- Determine required toolsets for automated performance testing (off the shelf, in-house developed or blend)
- Work with R3 Product owners to determine target performance KPI’s to measure for each system
- Produce detailed performance test strategies and plans
- Develop performance test cases in nominated tools (off the shelf or created by R3’s in-house tooling team)
- Execute performance test cases, document results, update on progress, raise and retest defects found
- Integrate performance test cases into the CI/CD pipelines where applicable for nightly automated runs
- Participate in prototyping and experimentation to validate system architecture
- Partner with internal and external teams in testing, deploying and operating highly scalable blockchain networks
- Undertake system performance analysis from the ground up to determine operational limits of the system
- 10+ years of enterprise performance test engineering
- Know the difference between and experienced in testing for load, soak, stress, endurance, spike, volume, scalability
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin or another similar programming language an advantage
- Familiar with basic Dev Ops, Jenkins , Kubernetes , Docker
- Familiar with setting up and using some off the shelf performance tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter / SmartMeter, Silk Performer, Load Ninja, WebLOAD, etc
- Familiar with performance testing at API and network messaging layer
- Familiar with project tracking software such as JIRA and testing management platforms such as Xray
- Familiar with challenges of performance testing in the cloud (AWS / Azure) as well as using bare metal servers
- Kafka experience a must
- Broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles
- Proven track record of delivering and running automated performance tests for highly complex software systems
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable and able to work under pressure
R3 is leading the future of digital finance by powering multi-party solutions that deliver digital trust and unlocking greater potential for regulated businesses everywhere. R3ers center around our core values – Collaborative, Ownership, Bold and Customer First – as a result our flagship DLT platform, Corda, is trusted by the world’s leading financial market infrastructures (FMIs), exchanges, central banks and commercial banks.
Corda is an open and permissioned distributed application platform that empowers regulated institutions to realize the full potential of direct digital collaboration to solve complex multi-party workflows.
R3 is is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace that supports all ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, origins, disability and veteran status and cultures. At R3, we’re committed to fostering an environment where individuality–not conformity–is embraced and valued because we believe our collective differences are what make us better together. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV/resume. We’re always interested in meeting bold, collaborative people who are excited to work with us.