Senior Cloud Database Engineer (Remote role in Canada)
Canada - Toronto /
Americas Go To Market – Americas Professional Services /
Full - Time
We are expanding our team of motivated technologists with a proven track record of delivering results in technology consulting. Specifically looking for a Senior Cloud Database Engineer who’s passionate about helping customers build modern Database Solutions at scale. Being an experienced technologist with technical depth and breadth, aided with strong interpersonal skills, you will work directly with customers as part of a professional services delivery team helping to enable innovation through continuous delivery across technology stacks and creating robust database solutions that align to business goals. Your insight and experience will help our delivery teams build modern DatabaseArchitectures.
The qualified Senior Cloud Database Engineer should have demonstrated the ability to migrate and modernize Database technologies to public cloud. We seek team members who are self-motivated, driven, collaborative, passionate about AWS, Azure Database Services and/or any other modern Database Solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with Engineering teams on wide variety of projects.
- Migrating and transforming on prem Databases to public Cloud
- Writing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, Terraform….)
- Implementing automation/DevOps best practices for CI/CD, IaC, Containerization, etc
- Linux/Windows administration, automated deployments, scripting (Bash/PowerShell/Python)
- Our professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as high-volume mission critical OLTP/OLAP environments, batch data processing, designing and deploying future state data warehouse service and building and/or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Cosmos, cloud SQL and Redshift adoption
- Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open-Source Engines like Aurora PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB
- Work with customers to migrate their database environments to AWS
- Consult for optimal design of databasea environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
- Lead efforts to implement automated monitoring, troubleshoot, tune, optimize, and improve DB performance
- Performance tuning of queries and procedures
- Tune, administer (appdba), and maintain Postgres DB databases and objects for high volume, mission critical systems throughout the development, test, and production lifecycles
- 8+ years of success in consultative/sophisticated deployment project, architecture, design, implementation and/or support of database solutions
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure, or database architectures
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with relational database administration (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server) in a large-scale organization is required
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with databases in public clouds Amazon Web Service or Microsoft Azure is required
- Experience with Aurora PostgreSQL database is a huge plus
- Experience with optimizing database performance through testing and real-time monitoring
- Experience or Strong understanding of data integration using ETL tools
- Experience utilizing modern methods, such as Agile, Automation and DevSecOps
- Strong Knowledge of the AWS platform Services (S3 ,EC2, Lambda, DMS….)
- Experience in Oracle RAC and/or Sql Server Always on Clustering.
- Strong Knowledge on RESTful API and general service-oriented architectures
- Expert knowledge of RDBMS with ability to write complex SQL, PL/SQL
- In depth understanding and professional experience with cloud services and infrastructure
- "Hands on" experience with practices and services related to Automation, IaC and DevOps
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Technical degree; Bachelors or master’s in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing software/technology or consulting
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with public Cloud Database Solutions.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in developing operating Database solutions built on public Cloud platforms
- AWS/Azure/GCP certifications
- AWS DB Specialty is a plus
- This is a remote role in Canada
- This role is not eligible for sponsorship
- Candidate should be legally allowed to work in Canada for any employer
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.