Senior Cloud Delivery Engineer
United Arab Emirates - Dubai /
EMEA Go To Market – Professional Services /
Full - Time
Rackspace is recognised as a company of experts, delivering world-class cloud service and a superior support experience on the world’s leading technology platforms. As part of our commitment to our customers, we are dedicated to helping enable creative, automation-based solutions for all sizes of businesses and require an experienced Senior Cloud Delivery Engineer to join our team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Cloud & Delivery Engineer who has been working with mission-critical systems and understands the importance of automation, culture, measurement, and iterative processes – and how to overcome challenges both exotic and commonplace.
This role will delivery Cloud Engineering consulting services into Rackspace’s enterprise clients. The ideal candidate will have strong, hands on technical skills, with the experience and consulting skills to understand, shape and deliver against our customers’ requirements.
- A strong strong technical expert, with experience leading complex projects from inception to delivery.
- Experience working in a consulting role, leading multiple junior engineers to deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Happy to get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding.
- A good grounding in infrastructure technology is highly advantageous, as is a programming background.
- Leveraging personal subject matter expertise, working closely with peers, the role will be accountable for delivering engineering consulting services in a client-facing role, often on-site with customers.
- The ability to manage and communicate with senior stakeholders is a must.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on cloud experience with AWS, Azure or GCP, AWS experience strongly preferred.
- Experience building cloud automation, including CD/CI pipelines using technologies equivalent to Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker. Experience in these specific technologies is desirable
- Network experience, aware of cloud network patterns such as VPC, network interconnect, subnets, peering, firewalls, etc...
- Experience of SIEM Administration including the capture and processing of logs and processes.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies, and can articulate best practice approaches and practices
- Experience leading technical teams, with multiple engineers reporting in multi-million pound projects/programmes
- Experience collaborating with developers and platform engineers, and continuously optimising infrastructure to remove bottlenecks and improve automation.
- Skills in Go, NodeJS and/or Python preferable
- Ideally have a degree in a technology field or equivalent industry experience
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time, should it be necessary
- Strong communication skills, customer facing experience desirable
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.