Senior Azure Cloud Engineer - Remote
United States - Remote /
Rackspace Solution Services – Product Engineering /
Full - Time
Rackspace Cloud Office is a leading provider of SaaS productivity solutions for businesses of all sizes. Our growing business relies on cloud-based serverless compute and on-site virtualization to host our customer facing and back-end applications. We are seeking a qualified Azure cloud engineer to help push forward on our mission to deliver secure, reliable, and scalable cloud-native applications. This position will work as part of an agile cross-functional team to design and implement engineering and CI/CD solutions that deploy, host, test, and monitor applications. The ideal candidate should have experience delivering enterprise solutions in Azure, as well as on-site virtualization, while working in conjunction with multiple development teams.
- Collaborate with engineers, developers, support, and product managers to design and deliver the optimal cloud-based solutions.
- Review existing processes and products, both on-site and cloud, to recommend better cloud-based solutions.
- Help build and support new CI/CD pipelines for faster application testing and deployment.
- Ensure application performance and uptime is maintained.
- Adhere to company and industry best-practices for infrastructure and data security.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with building and supporting enterprise applications in Azure.
- Experience with Azure Functions a bonus.
- Experience recommending cloud-based solutions for both new and existing products and processes.
- Experience coding in C# and .NET Core.
- Experience configuring Azure AD.
- Experience with Powershell and Azure CLI.
- Experience with reverse-proxy/load balancers and no down-time deployments.
- Experience with enterprise virtualization, either Hyper-V or VMWare.
- Fundamentally understands the components of a Microsoft ecosystem, including Windows Server, Active Directory, groups, forests, clusters, file shares, monitoring, updating, and security.
- Fundamentally understands networking, including subnets, standard ports, DNS, DHCP, IPv6, and the OSI model.
- Experience using Git and Github.
- Experience with enterprise security standards for both in-house and cloud systems.
- Basic proficiency using Linux.
- Basic proficiency with Docker.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Position is available for remote work in the following states unless otherwise specified. Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.