Consulting Cloud Architect (UK)
United Kingdom - Remote /
EMEA Go To Market – Professional Services /
Full - Time
Rackspace are the multicloud solutions experts. Named a 'best place to work' year-after-year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent, and our Fanatical Experience™ is renowned by customers throughout the industry!
The adoption of public cloud is growing rapidly. Rackspace is a trusted partner to many organizations who have embarked on this journey. Through well-established transformation methods and by using best practices, we are helping customers to change the way they do business.
The Rackspace Consulting Architecture team provides guidance, advice and best-practice to customers in their digital transformations. We develop future-proof technical solutions for complex business problems. We architect for innovation.
As a Consulting Cloud Architect, you will be engaging with customers and the wider Rackspace organization to advise, develop and deliver innovative solutions leveraging a wide range of public cloud services. The primary focus will be on helping customers to re-think their technical platforms and application landscapes and drive adoption of cloud-native technologies and innovation.
This role is particularly well-suited to a self-starting, experienced and motivated consultant, who has a proven track record in designing and migrating systems to the cloud.
- Work with customers and the wider Rackspace organizations on re-thinking and re-designing IT landscapes using cloud-native technologies
- Design and deliver innovative Proof of Concepts for customers
- Provide guidance to customers on their cloud journeys and establish a long-term trusted advisor role
- Evangelize the cloud-native paradigm through the delivery of blogs, customer presentations and public speaking engagements
- Establish best-practices for the consultancy resulting in standardized engagement models and repeatable ways-of-working
- Mentor and train other architects within the wider Rackspace Solutions Architecture community on modern cloud-native software patterns
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record in designing and delivering innovative technology solutions built on the cloud. As a senior architect, the person should be comfortable engaging at all levels of the customer’s business, from working with senior/C-level leadership to guiding it-specialists and developers on building solutions.
- Extensive experience of creating platforms on Amazon Webservices, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform is essential. Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing cloud-native systems and/or rebuilding an existing system on the cloud is required.
- Must have the ability to lead architectural engagements, either directly or as part of a larger programme of work and take ownership for the successful delivery of customer value within budget, time and scope.
- Acting as a thought-leader, the right candidate is able to concisely and articulately present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Deliver high-quality work to customers as part of consulting engagements that can be delivered through workshops, presentations or solutions architecture designs
- Drive the engagements with customers from the architectural pillar, from design to delivery
- Work in close collaboration with other architects, technical consultants and professional services teams within Rackspace and customer’s teams
- Work with customers across the EMEA region depending on customer location
- Contribute to the cloud architect community within Rackspace and beyond by speaking at internal and external events
- Actively identify opportunities for new engagements
- Contribute to RFI/RFP requests
- You have built specialist and demonstrable knowledge in Cloud Platform Architecture or Cloud-native Application Architecture
- Must have client-facing consultancy experience within large enterprises, but happy to deliver to SMBs
- You have an articulate opinion on the advantages of using public cloud platforms from a business perspective
- You can identify and plan to resolve the challenges, both technical and organizational, facing organizations who are moving their applications to the cloud
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are required.
- Experience working within frameworks such as TOGAF and COBIT. In-depth knowledge of the frameworks and best practices of the major cloud players, such as the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Certified as a professional architect on at least one of the major public cloud platforms (Aws, Azure, GCP) and/or as an enterprise architect
- Excellent English language skills
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.