Azure Cloud Architect (Remote)
United States - Remote /
Americas Go To Market – Americas Professional Services /
Full - Time
We are expanding our team of motivated technologists with a proven track record of delivering results in technology consulting. Specifically looking for an Azure Solution Architect that is passionate about helping customers design applications at scale.
Being an experienced Architect with technical depth and breadth, aided with strong interpersonal skills, you will work directly with customers as part of a Professional Services delivery team helping to enable innovation through continuous delivery across technology stacks and creating robust solution designs that align to business goals. Your insight and experience will help our delivery teams build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions such as networking, compute, storage, databases, security, and automation.
The qualified Azure Solution Architect will have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business requirements, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate and mobilize resources, and deliver results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is a critical component to be successful in this role.
We seek team members who are self-motivated, driven, collaborative, passionate about Microsoft Azure and want to have a direct positive impact on our customers & business. Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence are also needed to help develop strong team relationships.
What you'll be doing:
- As the Azure Cloud Architect, you will have a technical focus and are expected to understand and implement business planning
- Be the technical liaison between customers and Professional Services resources
- Provide tactical scope and work directly with the business representatives/customers to understand the requirements driving the need for a solution to be developed
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical colleagues throughout the course of the project
- Ensure that all the appropriate questions are asked and verify that nothing crucial to the success of the project is overlooked
- Be an Azure evangelist by educating a variety of customers on the value of Azure
- Help customers transition to the cloud in a high-value migration approach that leverages best of breed designs and practices delivered in an agile model
- Work with customers to enable a DevOps culture and modernize operations and release strategies
- Establish credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new, or migrating existing, applications, software and services on Microsoft Azure
- Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers interested in Azure and to ensure our Azure teams are up to date
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in networking, infrastructure, or database architectures
- In depth understanding and professional experience with Azure services and infrastructure
- "Hands on" experience with practices and services related to Automation, IaC and DevOps
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and developers
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Nice to have:
- 5+ years’ of experience in customer-facing software/technology or consulting
- 3+ years’ of experience with “on-premises to cloud” migrations or IT transformations
- 3+ years’ of experience architecting/operating solutions built on Azure or AWS/GCP
- Technical degree; Computer Science or related
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert or DevOps Engineer Expert, or other Azure related certifications
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.