Big Data Engineer (AWS) (Remote role in USA)
United States - San Antonio /
Public Cloud - Offerings and Delivery – Cloud Data Services /
Full - Time
As a full spectrum AWS integrator, we assist hundreds of companies to realize the value, efficiency, and productivity of the cloud. We take customers on their journey to enable, operate, and innovate using cloud technologies – from migration strategy to operational excellence and immersive transformation.
If you like a challenge, you’ll love it here, because we’re solving complex business problems every day, building and promoting great technology solutions that impact our customers’ success. The best part is, we’re committed to you and your growth, both professionally and personally.
Our Big Data Engineers are experienced technologists with technical depth and breadth, along with strong interpersonal skills. In this role, you will work directly with customers and our team to help enable innovation through continuous, hands-on, deployment across technology stacks. You will work to build data pipelines and by developing data engineering code ( as well as writing complex data queries and algorithms.
If you get a thrill working with cutting-edge technology and love to help solve customers’ problems, we’d love to hear from you. It’s time to rethink the possible. Are you ready?
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build complex ETL code
- Build complex SQL queries using MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB, MySQL
- Work on Data and Analytics Tools in the Cloud
- Develop code using Python, Scala, R languages
- Work with technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, etc.
- Build complex Data Engineering workflows
- Create complex data solutions and build data pipelines
- Establish credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Capture and share industry best practices amongst the community
- Attend and present valuable information at Industry Events
- Traveling up to 50% of the time
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 2+ years of experience in database architectures and data pipeline development
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and developers
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- This is a remote role in USA
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.