Sr. Cloud Engineer (Kubernetes) - Remote
United States - Remote /
Americas Go To Market – Americas Professional Services /
Full - Time
You will be part of a team designing, automating, and deploying services on behalf of our customers to Kubernetes clusters running in the cloud. We have deep experience applying DevOps techniques in virtually every industry. Every week is different and the problems you will be challenged to solve are constantly evolving. We know and understand DevOps and k8s. We help build and create automation that enables our customers to save time and other resources.
If you like a challenge, you’ll love it here, because we’re solving complex business problems every day, building and promoting great technology solutions that impact our customers’ success. The best part is, we’re committed to you and your growth, both professionally and personally.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Help create Kubernetes based environments on behalf of our customers.
- Architect how the clusters will be deployed, managed and updated, at scale.
- Improve the infrastructure based on customer feedback.
- Think ahead towards future features and set the necessary technical foundations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Deep understanding of the Kubernetes ecosystem and the tools and services available to automate management at scale (Terraform, Rancher, kops, etc).
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Go, Python, PHP.
- Extensive experience in managing, monitoring and maintaining large multi-region Kubernetes clusters (both in size of each cluster and in the number of clusters).
- Mastering Docker images lifecycle management and related CI/CD processes.
- ELK, Grafana, and Prometheus environment proven hands-on experience.
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls, namespaces, containers).
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Understanding and experience with one or more of the technologies that provide a service-mesh layer (Istio, Linkerd, Consul Connect, sidecar, Kuma, etc).
- You are comfortable interacting with customers and have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in basic administration of (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch).
- CKA Certifications preferred but not required
- Experience working in regulated environments (HIPAA, PCI, ITAR, etc) preferred but not required.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.