Vice President of Engineering
Berkeley, CA /
Rad AI applies deep learning to radiology in order to save lives and reduce the cost of healthcare. We believe that strong teams working closely together create audacious companies that transform our world for the better.
Our world-class team of engineers is building and deploying products that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. You’ll be an early team member, helping us shape the long-term vision for Rad AI’s future. Our benefits include health, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid vacation, catered lunches, and unlimited snacks.
Here at Rad AI, we’re focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!
This is what you'll do:
- Manage, support, hire and mentor a world-class team of software engineers, physician data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Foster a collaborative culture that is equally focused on achieving team goals and individual team member's professional growth and fulfillment
- Provide guidance and leadership in the design, implementation, and delivery of our data driven software
- Champion technical best practices and process across the Software, Data Science, and Machine Learning teams in order to meet key company goals and deadlines
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Product, Sales, Operations, and Leadership teams to define and build data-informed technology strategy and roadmaps
This is what you'll need:
- Proven and consistent success building and leading growing teams of software engineers
- Demonstrated ability to take a product from idea to productionStrong technical competence, business acumen and interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting and developing scalable and successful SaaS products
- Ability to balance competing priorities across multiple cross-functional stakeholders and teams
- Proven experience building and leading engineering teams with a focus on meeting goals and collaboration
This would be nice to have:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or similar
- Experience leading teams of Software Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists
- A deep interest in healthcare and a solid understanding of machine learning principles
- Experience within a HIPAA compliant environment
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Rad AI, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.