Physician Data Scientist
Berkeley, CA /
Rad AI applies deep learning to radiology in order to save lives and reduce the cost of healthcare. We’re based in Berkeley (two blocks from BART) and backed by top investors. We believe that strong teams working closely together create audacious companies that transform our world for the better.
Our world-class team of engineers is building and deploying products that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. You’ll be an early team member, helping us shape the long-term vision for Rad AI’s future. Our benefits include health, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid vacation, catered lunches, and unlimited snacks.
Here at Rad AI, we’re focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!
This is what you'll be doing:
- Annotate, augment, and synthetically generate training datasets
- Validate training datasets are medically accurate, and implement algorithmic fixes at scale
- Train existing neural network models on medically validated datasets
- Validate models are medically accurate, and implement algorithmic fixes in production
- Propose and implement methods to identify and fix medical inaccuracies at all stages of training
- Advise the Software and DevOps Engineers on the needs of the research platform
- Advise the Machine Learning Engineers on the needs of the machine learning platform
This is what you need:
- Earned Doctorate in Medicine (MD, DO, MBBS, MD-PhD)
- Programming proficiency in Python and tooling (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, regex, etc)
- Experience processing and manipulating very large datasets from the command line
- Experience proposing, building, and applying computational methods to solve medical problems (be ready to tell us about it!)
This would be good to have:
- Machine learning experience, natural language processing and computer vision
- Successfully published and / or presented at medical conferences
- Interest and experience in radiology
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.