Senior NLP Engineer
Berkeley, CA /
Rad AI applies deep learning to radiology in order to save lives and reduce the cost of healthcare. We’re based in Berkeley (two blocks from BART) and backed by top investors. We believe that strong teams working closely together create audacious companies that transform our world for the better.
Our world-class team of engineers is building and deploying products that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. You’ll be an early team member, helping us shape the long-term vision for Rad AI’s future. Our benefits include health, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid vacation, catered lunches, and unlimited snacks.
Here at Rad AI, we’re focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!
This is what you'll do.
- Develop high precision classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, regression and rule-based models.
- Create tools to scale and visualize systems in order to understand what they are doing and guide their improvement.
- Read papers and devise experiments with the intent of incorporating new research into our platform.
- Advise the Software and DevOps Engineers on the needs of the research platform.
This is what you need.
- Preferred PhD or Masters in CS or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least two years experience, with consideration taken for extensive academic projects.
- Experience developing and testing NLP models in a commercial setting. (Experience with vision models is a bonus!)
- Experience applying both supervised and unsupervised methods to real world datasets.
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms, math, and probability theory.
- Experience using modern deep learning frameworks (such as Tensorflow)
- Extensive programming skills, with a focus on Python.
This would be good to know about.
- Experience working at an early stage startup.
- Have successfully published.
- Experience in a HIPAA compliant environment.
- Experience applying machine learning to health data.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.