Staff Machine Learning Scientist
United States /
Rad AI is the fastest growing radiologist-led AI company on the market. In addition to winning the 2021 award for “Best New Radiology Vendor” from AuntMinnie, Rad AI ended the year by closing a $25M Series A round and being named to the 2021 CB Insights Digital Health 150 - List of Most Innovative Digital Health Startups. Rad AI continued the momentum by being recognized as 2022 CB Insights AI 100 - Most Promising AI Companies.
Why we're hiring for this role:
We’re seeking to add a world-class experienced Staff Machine Learning Scientist and hands on NLP subject matter expert to join our amazing ML team. This is our first Staff level ML hire. This person will play a critical role in helping mentor our growing ML Engineering team and will be instrumental in building out our ML infrastructure, scaling up our models, and cross collaborating with the Software and DevOps Engineers on the needs of our research platform.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop SOTA sequence-to-sequence and classification models for reasoning over clinical text
- Read papers and devise experiments with the intent of incorporating new research into our platform
- Work as peers with our product team by integrating new research into applied projects.
- Determine scope of the problem, the best place to apply machine learning, set up labeling tasks if necessary, and evaluate different approaches
- Mentor and collaborate with members of our growing ML Team, and advise the Software and DevOps Engineers on the needs of the research
This what you'll need:
- Preferred PhD or Masters in CS or related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 4 post educational working years of experience
- Experience developing and testing NLP models in a commercial or academic setting
- Experience applying both supervised and unsupervised methods to real world datasets
- Experience with LLM in production systems
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms, math, and probability theory
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch) and common NLP frameworks such as HuggingFace.
- Extensive programming skills, with a focus on Python
This would be nice to have:
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Have successfully published in NLP
- Experience with building ML Infrastructure (e.g AWS, Metaflow)
- Experience in a HIPAA compliant environment
- Experience applying machine learning to health data
$165,000 - $220,000 a year
This is an estimated salary range which can vary depending on the experience and strength of the candidate. Other factors such as generous equity and bonus will be part of a larger package.
Founded in 2018 by the youngest radiologist in US history, Rad AI has seen rapid adoption of its AI platform, and is already in use at 7 of the 10 largest private radiology practices in the US. Rad AI uses state-of-the-art machine learning to streamline repetitive tasks for radiologists, which yields substantial time savings, alleviates burnout, and creates more time to focus on patient care. Its first product, Rad AI Omni, saves radiologists an average of 60 minutes per day, and helps achieve up to 20% time savings per report.
Come join our world-class team as we build and deploy AI solutions that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. Our team is mission-driven and focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!