Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
Seattle, WA /
Technology – Engineering & Technology /
Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes, America’s largest electric bike brand, is on a mission to get people onto bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone.
Our company is a driving force behind the e-bike market expansion in North America, and we’re growing rapidly in Europe. We are the first mover in the omnichannel retail space for personal mobility products and we continue to develop industry-leading, innovative e-bikes. Rad is 700 people today with 350,000+ customers, leading a global revolution in low carbon mobility.
We are looking for RADICAL people to join our global teams: Responsible, Approachable, Diverse, Innovative, Customer-Driven, Accountable, and always Learning.
Our Data Engineer will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between systems, servers, employees and our Rad Riding customers. We are looking for someone who can architect, design and implement data processes that are crucial to Rad’s data-driven decisions. This role reports into our Director of Business Operations and Technology and is part of a cross-functional Technology department.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role, working with big datasets
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration/deployments, testing and operations
- Strong desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to think and solve complex data engineering problems in a maintainable and scalable fashion
- Desire to find new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Desire to embrace documentation creation & maintenance
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with both local & non-local teammates
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Familiarity with Big Data tools such as Snowflake
- Experience with Visualization tools and libraries such as Power BI or Google’s Data Studio
- Strong understanding of Dev Ops practices with a good understanding of AWS and Google Cloud infrastructure
You get bonus points for:
- Experience working with Shopify’s systems and API
- Experience with cloud-based ERPs and Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with GraphQL, Snowflake, and Postgres
- Open-source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- Project management experience
- Experience working with DBT
- Experience with Python based orchestration tools such as Airflow, Dagster, Luigi, or Prefect
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Developed business intelligence and reporting solutions
- Utilized and built out the data warehouse foundation and set up the pipes for data sources
- Managed the building of data and documentation across company-wide systems
- Worked cross-functionally with all teams, including Supply Chain, Customer Experience, etc. to capture and report on inventory data
- Evaluated the feasibility and effectiveness of proposed data solutions
- Designed schemas, optimized data transformation, and managed deployments and maintenance of the data pipeline
- Completed end-to-end administration and maintained tools, systems, pipelines, and ETLs
- Communicated designs, issues, and trade-offs to stakeholders
- Helped develop the foundational data stores that power our internal/external web apps and reporting systems
- Dealt with 3rd party vendors, managing the relationships & troubleshooting high-level issues
- Additional duties and overtime as required
Working at Rad is built around our RADICAL values - we are:
-Responsible to our environment, community, partners, and team
-Accountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedback
-Diverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voice
-Innovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are original
-Customer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our riders
-Approachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to help
-Learners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.
Recruitment Agencies: We partner with 3rd party recruitment resources as needed. If we require assistance on this search we will contact selected partners directly; we do not accept unsolicited candidate submissions.
At this time, Rad does not require vaccinations. We will comply with requirements from the Federal government and are taking steps to do so by the January 4, 2022 deadline. As it stands now, that involves mandatory weekly testing for individuals who are unvaccinated. Additionally, our current mask policy is that everyone wears masks when they are on-site regardless of status. If you are comfortable complying with either weekly testing or showing proof of vaccination, please submit your application for consideration. For roles that are remote and require no on-site work (including infrequent office visits), proof of vaccination or weekly testing is not required.