Cloud Scala Software Developer (100% remote- full time)
U.S. Remote /
Software Engineering – Cloud Scala/Apache Spark Team /
Full Time Remote U.S.
We are currently seeking a Cloud Scala Software Developer to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code and to work on the integration of enterprise data into a cohesive analytical data warehouse. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Develop new applications and production application support
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Develop an understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements.
- Participate in project workgroups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand specific needs
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Scala development-based software solutions
- Extensive enterprise experience in web applications
- Enterprise experience with relational and nonrelational database
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Docker, or Container Orchestration (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Postgres, MySQL, or Redis technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Play framework
- Hands-on experience with Java 8 a plus
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical disciplines; or equivalent work experience
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.