Cloud Native Java Developer - Remote United States
United States /
Software Engineering – Cloud Native Java Team /
Full Time Remote U.S.
NEW!!! We are actively hiring for Remote Cloud-Native Java Developers that are fluent in Java 8+ , Spring Boot, and AWS tools to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the quality of the work that they submit, feeling a sense of strong ownership with what they produce. We look for candidates who have a deep curiosity to learn, continue to develop, and hone their craft, those who want to offer their ideas to others but to be among a team they can learn from too.
It's important to have had professional experience in client-facing roles and developing positive relationships with teammates. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a drive to solve interesting and complex challenges, to develop best-in-class solutions.
- At Railroad19, we build custom enterprise-level applications and cloud-platform solutions for Fortune 500 companies using diverse, current technologies to best meet our clients' needs.
- We're more than just software consultants. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects who bring depth, value and commitment to the work we do, only bringing our "A" game to the table. Hard work and a desire to lead the industry - this is our company culture - this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- This is a Full-Time (W2) position offering competitive compensation, as well as comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more.
- The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our clients' fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise-level software
- Build web applications using Java and Spring Boot and/or Spring Cloud
- Build microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Develop code in a containerized environment using tools like Jenkins or Docker
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance custom software solutions
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Java development experience (6+ years)
- Hands-on experience with Java 8-11 (especially Stream API Methods, Parallel Processing and Functional Interfaces)
- Experience with Scala is a bonus
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot
- Hands-on experience with both relational and non-relational databases
- Strong hands-on experience and understanding of data structures, algorithms, Big-O notations, etc.
- Understanding of AWS development tools and technologies (serverless technologies (SNS, SQS, Lambdas are a bonus)
- Hands-on experience developing software in a containerized environment (Jenkins, Docker)
- Passionate for learning new technologies and have a strong sense of pride in delivering high-quality, functional-style code
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Ability to complete tasks and deliverables effectively with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Preferred Requirements (bonus):
- Experience working with a microservice architecture
- Experience using messaging middleware
- Experience using ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience acting as a technical lead is a plus
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.