Lead Principal Python Software Engineer (U.S. Remote)
Los Angeles, CA /
Software Engineering – Senior Python Software Engineering Team /
Full Time Remote U.S.
Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a Principal Python Software Engineer that is fluent in Python and AWS. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges.
- At Railroad19, Inc., we build custom solutions and provide our clients with top tier development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects, which means, we only bring an “A” team to the table. Our culture is built on hard work and a desire to be thought leaders in the industry, this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- This role is remote in the United States
- No contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099
- Act as tech lead, Identifying new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Write automated tests for your code to ensure code quality
- Create documentation for developers as well as business users to help them understand the products.
- Maintain cloud-based platforms and environments of supported applications, troubleshooting and patching functional issues and data issues when necessary.
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high performance application that contains little or no defects
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of related experience in software development, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, delegate appropriately, and ensure a scrum team is working at maximum efficiently
- Extensive experience building cloud applications with AWS serverless technologies
- Experience with automated test/build/deploy tools in a python tech stack
- Competent working in secured internal network environments and complex cloud networks setups
- Passionate about writing clear, maintainable code
- Experience working with dataset tools such as pandas and numpy
- Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
- Experience with distributed messaging and streaming services such as Kafka / Kinesis / SQS
- Experience manipulating datasets in code with tools such as pandas and numpy
- Able to communicate effectively in a diverse team
- Experience with natural language processing and meaning extraction from text using NLTK or spaCy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
Working at Railroad19
- Competitive salaries and eligibility for a yearly bonus
- Excellent Health Care, Dental and Vision benefits
- 3 weeks vacation, 401K match eligibility, work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.