Microservices Software Engineer (AWS, NodeJS, AWS Lambda)U.S. Remote
U.S. Remote /
Software Engineering – Node/Micro Services /
Full Time Remote U.S.
We are currently seeking a Microservices Software Engineer that is fluent in building AWS Lambdas and Node.Js. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges.
- We build custom solutions and provide our clients with top tier development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects, which means, we only bring an “A” team to the table. Our culture is built on hard work and a desire to be thought leaders in the industry, this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Data analytics-driven environments
- Campaign Management Systems
- Maintain and enhance large scale API system
- Code REST interfaces to support various internal/external requests
- Familiarity with AWS Components such as Lambdas, Code Build, Cognito, and API Gateway
- Code Unit / Integration tests to allow for embedding in Continuous integration service
- Drive feature engineering and experimentation to improve the performance of our various algorithms
- Evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
Skills & Experience:
- Expert level experience with AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Good knowledge of the following technologies:
- Shell scripting
- Proficiency using Git, JIRA, Datadog, Splunk, Jenkins are an added bonus
- 4+ years in a production environment a plus
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Working at Railroad19:
- Competitive salaries and eligibility for a yearly bonus
- Excellent Health Care, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Ample PTO, 401K match eligibility, work-life balance
- No Agencies, No C2C, US Based Only***
- This is a non-management position
- This is a full-time position
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.