Senior Java Developer
Saratoga Springs, NY /
Software Engineering – Cloud Native Java Team /
Full Time Remote U.S.
NEW!! We are currently seeking a Remote Senior Cloud Native Java Developer that is fluent in Java 8+, Spring Boot and AWS to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code.
The ideal candidate has a broad background to and experience to contribute. The main focus of this position is to work participate on a team to re-platform key APIs into microservice architecture.
In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables this position requires a candidate to be able to act as an advisor helping to identify and best practices and technologies for developing best-in-class solutions. This requires strong communication skills and the ability to influence and teach fellow technologists and stakeholders. In addition to communication, this may require occasional travel to meet with clients.
- We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- This role is a full-time W2 position offering a great corporate culture, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including full medical, dental, vision, ample PTO, 401K matching and more.
- The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our clients' fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable, enterprise-level software
- Build web applications/ microservices using Spring Boot
- Build Microservices that connect to relational and non-relational databases
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Write functional and unit tests to maintain code quality
- Use Jenkins to build, deploy, and test software
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance customized software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system) by identifying the root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Java development experience (more than 7+ years working in an enterprise-level environment)
- Hands on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands on with Scala is a plus
- Hands on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot, and/or Spring Cloud
- Hands-on experience with AWS as a cloud infrastructure as well as different AWS services such as Lambda, SQS, SNS
- Hands on experience with relational databases.
- Hands on experience with Oracle, ETL
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Preferred Requirements a PLUS:
- Experience working with a microservice architecture
- Experience using messaging middleware
- Experience using ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with AWS Kinesis is a plus
- Experience with Node.js is a plus
- Experience developing Node.js AWS Lambdas is a plus
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration workflow
- Experience acting as a technical lead is a plus
- ********No Agencies*******
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.