Technical Product Specialist- (U.S. Remote)
U.S. Remote /
Software Engineering – Technical Product Manager Team /
Full Time Remote U.S.
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We are currently seeking several Technical Product Specialists who will be responsible for product strategy, delivery, coordination, and tracking of all projects, programs, and initiatives of all media custom-developed applications. This role has a solid career path within the Operations group and requires an individual capable of managing large-scale software engineering initiatives for a multibillion-dollar business unit with a strong passion for Media Fulfillment.
As a Railroad19 employee, you will be part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are an all-remote company and allow our employees to work from their U.S.-based homes as full-time employees.
Railroad19 provides competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
~NO AGENCIES ~NO Corp to Corp~ No 1099~ Full-time role~
- Partner with a development team to deliver new applications, laying the foundation for future analytics and optimization
- Collaborate with Product Owners or Solutions Managers to document business requirements and technical specifications.
- Understand feature requirements and write feature stories
- Troubleshoot issue & conduct feature validation/sign-off
- Drive training Matrix certifications and updates
- Build upon and maintain the Product documentation repository of features and functionality available to customers
- Develop relationships with Services teams to determine inter-team dependencies & work with Product Owners to mitigate risks
- Engage with multiple clients/business units/internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate them into product features
- Assess project/program progress and provide status updates to leadership
- Evaluate project risk(s) and effectively create mitigation plans
- Develop standard communication protocols and documentation templates
- Design, implement and maintain standard processes & methodologies for project/program execution
- Serve as the expert in project management and organization
- Collaborate with business users, internal and external technology teams to deliver a scalable application that exceeds requirements ensuring compliance with enterprise standards
- Mentor Product Specialists
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
- 2+ years experience in media, technical background, and a strong interest in media fulfillment, cloud-based services, or Digital Video in managing the life cycle of a product
- Able to easily transition between high-level strategy and day-to-day implementation
- Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment while mentoring product specialists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Results-oriented, high energy, self-motivated
- Experience working in story and task-tracking tools for agile workflows
- Motivated and Self-Starting: able to think critically about problems, decipher user preferences versus hard requirements, and effectively use online and onsite resources to find an appropriate solution with little intervention
Preferred but not required:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design, or related field preferred
- Able to communicate effectively in a diverse team of varying skill sets and proficiencies. Able to lead and instruct, or take direction when appropriate
- Effective in-person, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in large, multifaceted, and matrixed organizations
- Experience within the media entertainment industry
- Collaborative team player accustomed to working within and across groups
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to translate business process needs into clear technical requirements
- Ability to influence internal and external team members without direct reporting authority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, Ownership
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to provide support during non-business hours as needed
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.