AWS DevOps Cloud Engineer - Forever 100% Remote United States
United States /
Software Engineering – Cloud Native Java Team /
Full Time Remote U.S.
NEW!! Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a Forever 100% Remote AWS DevOps Cloud Engineer.
The ideal candidate has hands-on experience architecting and developing enterprise-level AWS IaaS, using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to design and develop DevOps pipelines to create best practice solutions for all stages of a DevOps pipeline.
In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges. For someone who excels at this, there are opportunities for advancement.
- At Railroad19, we build custom enterprise-level applications and cloud-platform solutions for Fortune 500 companies using diverse, current technologies to best meet our clients' needs.
- We're more than just software consultants. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects who bring depth, value and commitment to the work we do, only bringing our "A" game to the table. Hard work and a desire to lead the industry - this is our company culture - this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- This is a Full-Time (W2) position offering competitive compensation, as well as comprehensive benefits, ample time off, 401k and more.
- The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our clients' fast-moving business requirements
- Clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical team members in a clear and effective manner
- Embrace automation tools and technologies to develop solutions in a consistent, efficient, and repeatable manner
- Create and support tools that drive application development best practices
- Create and support robust CI/CD pipelines that enable frictionless delivery of changes to production
- Design, create and maintain cloud infrastructure using IaC tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Adhere to cybersecurity best practices in developing infrastructure that follows the principle of ‘least privilege’
- Proactively identify and remediate violations of security best practices within the supported application portfolio and its cloud infrastructure
- Integrate tooling with our clients' change control process
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure defects to support the application portfolio and its cloud infrastructure
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience working in technical roles
- At least 3 years of experience working as a hands-on Site Reliability Engineer in an enterprise environment
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience working with infrastructure engineers and software development teams
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience creating and using AWS infrastructure as well as designing CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, and/or similar cloud automation tools
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Ansible or similar infrastructure automation tools
- A strong understanding of software security standards and best practices
- Professional Experience with GitHub, GitLab, Git, etc. source control and common branching strategies
- At least 3 years of development with Python, Bash, and/or equivalent scripting languages
- Hands-on Experience with Java Virtual Machines and the language/framework ecosystem
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, or similar container technologies
- Hands-on experience with both relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS networking protocols (VPC, Subnets, Security Groups, DNS, route tables)
Preferred Requirements (bonus):
- Associate level or higher AWS certifications
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.