Principal Python Software Engineer - US Remote
U.S. Remote /
Software Engineering – Senior Python Software Engineering Team /
Full Time Remote U.S.
Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a few Senior/Principal Python Developers. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges.
- At Railroad19, Inc., we build custom solutions and provide our clients with top tier development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects, which means, we only bring an “A” team to the table. Our culture is built on hard work and a desire to be thought leaders in the industry, this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team across the US.
- This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- The role is remote role (U.S. Only), only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Minimum 7 years of related experience in software engineering, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Build Microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Experience with automated test/build/deploy tools in a Python tech stack
- Experience working in secured internal network environments and complex cloud networks
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Work with Jenkins to perform Continuous Integration
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience
- Advanced Python development experience
- Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
- Experience building cloud applications with AWS serverless technologies
- Experience manipulating datasets in code with tools such as pandas and numpy
- Experience with distributed messaging and streaming services such as Kafka / Kinesis / SQS
- Experience with natural language processing and meaning extraction from text using NLTK or spaCy
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Competitive salaries and eligibility for a yearly bonus
Excellent Health Care, Dental and Vision benefits
3 weeks vacation, 401K match eligibility, work-life balance
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.