Strategic Finance Manager
San Francisco / Remote
Finance & Strategy
Rainforest is searching for a Strategic Finance Manager, reporting directly to the Head of Finance, and sitting with the CEO and COO for all key strategic decision-making.
We’re building our business a little differently, and we’re looking for someone who is excited by our particular vision: stay small and IPO. We want to get to IPO revenue, growth rates, and margin, while staying under 200 people. To do this, our core operating principle is ‘nail with people, scale with software.’ We expect every member of our team to build operational leverage not through hiring humans but through creativity, software and outside services.
We are building towards this ambitious outcome from a position of strength. We are cash-flow breakeven with money in the bank and stage-appropriate ARR. We have patented, differentiated and defensible core technology, and a huge market that has yet to be solved through software.
Function and Responsibilities:
- Apply an analytical approach to support strategic decision making, with a focus on capital allocation decisions, headcount growth and long-term financial planning
- Work on Rainforest's operating model, financial & metrics reporting and related deliverables for executives, functional leaders and the board of directors
- Own Rainforest’s forecasting and budgeting capabilities for the full P&L, ongoing reporting processes such as the annual budget and monthly / quarterly packages
- Assist management team in communication with board and external stakeholders
- Facilitate ad-hoc and cross-functional strategic and operational projects and execute on strategic projects independently and with Business leaders
- Analyze revenues, expenses, and monthly actual to ensure accuracy and perform variance analyses to ensure financial performance of the business
- Partner closely with accounting team to ensure deep understanding of financials and deliver accurate financial reporting
- Provide detailed analyses on trends that will assist in decision making and corporate planning
- 4+ years experience in finance for a rapidly growing software company (ideally SaaS or a business with a subscription component), with clear title progression and outperformance at each level
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, manage multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Experience presenting analysis and recommendations at executive & board levels
- Able to operate on multiple levels of abstraction, from strategy to execution, be business-minded and collaborative
How We'll Reward You
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- 100% Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered (75% for dependents)
- Voluntary 401k program
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Unlimited Vacation
- 3x/year company offsites to bond with the entire company and explore exciting destinations around the world (last 3 off-sites: Okinawa, Budapest, Kuala Lumpur)
- We are a remote first company!
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion
At Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.