Finance & Analytics Manager
United States /
Finance & Strategy /
Rainforest QA is a distributed company full of smart, capable people from around the world who enjoy working together to make our customers successful.
Our mission is to make product quality accessible for every software company. The Rainforest QA solution combines no-code test automation and crowdsourced testing in a single, one-of-a-kind QA platform, allowing anyone to get the exact insights they need to release with quality, quickly.
About this Role
Rainforest QA is looking for a highly motivated Finance & Analytics Manager to support our next stage of growth through business analytics and insights. You will be integral in supporting strategic decision-making through ongoing financial analyses, forecasting and reporting. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who possesses strong analytical and modeling skills and enjoys solving complex business problems. While driving operational rigor via precision and detail, you must have the ability to think critically about the big-picture, synthesize data and communicate insights to the leadership team and business partners. This job reports to directly to the CFO and will be remote.
- Own the consolidated financial models, build forecasts for all revenue and cost drivers, and regularly update financials and operating metrics (KPI / KBIs)
- Lead our Analytics effort and work toward building and executing on the analytics roadmap
- Provide data and analytical support, highlight trends, opportunities and risks to assess the health of the business and support business decisions
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders on strategic projects and on-going decision support
- Partner closely with accounting team on monthly close processes and internal and external reporting
- Work toward continuous improvement to our operational processes, data integrity, and analytical capabilities as we grow
- Contribute to business initiatives, including modeling scenarios, providing quantitative and qualitative frameworks to evaluate outcomes
- BA / BS in Finance or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills, coupled with high proficiency in SQL and business intelligence tools
- Experience building financial models from ground-up, with ability to conceptualize at a high level, while driving swift execution with attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statements and accounting principles
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment with ability to operate in a remote working environment, and work effectively with folks at various levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to communicate analysis to the broader organization
- Motivated to quickly gain knowledge of Rainforest QA platform and product offerings
- CFA / MBA
- Experience in investment banking analyst program or similar, and 2+ years at a Tech startup
How we'll reward you
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees, 75% for dependents.
- Unlimited paid time-off (PTO).
- Allowance for lunches, remote office supplies and learning and development.
- Company off-sites in exciting destinations around the world (previously held in Spain, Malaysia, Japan, Hungary)
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave and 8 weeks of paid leave for supporting parents.
- 401k program
About the Company
How We Work
We are a truly distributed team, spanning Asia/Pacific, Europe, and North America. We champion our belief that life is about more than work and we foster a culture that supports diverse lifestyles.
Own the Outcome: We are fiercely passionate and detail-obsessed. We take ownership of observed challenges to swiftly overcome obstacles and strive for outcomes that make our customers better off.
No Bulls**t: We all play a part in furthering our organization’s culture, when discussing ideas or challenging existing views, by communicating candidly with thoughtfulness and care.
Commit and Iterate: We tackle tough situations head-on by making informed bets. We define and measure our success based on our ability to take risks, fail with purpose, and continually iterate on our business.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.