Senior Staff Accountant - US Remote
United States /
Finance & Strategy /
Rainforest QA is a distributed company full of smart, capable people from around the world who enjoy working together to make our customers successful.
Our mission is to make product quality accessible for every software company. The Rainforest QA solution combines no-code test automation and crowdsourced testing in a single, one-of-a-kind QA platform, allowing anyone to get the exact insights they need to release with quality, quickly.
About the Role
Rainforest QA is looking for a motivated Senior Staff Accountant to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of our team and get broad exposure to all areas of Accounting. A successful candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented, who is eager to learn and is adaptable to change. This position will report directly to the Controller and will work remotely.
About the Role
- Perform monthly close processes, including account reconciliations, AP, AR, payroll, posting of monthly general journal entries
- Perform flux analyses, by identifying balance sheet and P&L trends, and preparing variance comments in accordance with close calendar timelines
- Assist in support of external audit, including preparation of audit requests and ongoing support
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners to facilitate streamlined accounting processes
- Assist with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and work toward continuous improvements
- Assist in documentation/implementation of internal controls
- 3-5 years of professional Accounting experience
- BA / BS in Accounting or related discipline
- Self-starter with the ability to act and operate independently; natural curiosity to take on new challenges and responsibility
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to learn and get fluent with prevalent ERP and accounting systems
How we'll reward you
- Competitive salary with equity
- Weekly allowance for lunches
- Monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development
- Unlimited paid-time off
- Company off-sites to bond with your team and explore exciting destinations around the world
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. 75% for dependents.
- Voluntary 401k program.
About The Company
We are a truly distributed team, spanning across Asia/Pacific, Europe and North America(our headquarters is in San Francisco). Culturally we implore each other to champion our belief that life is about more than work and that we are all responsible in fostering a culture which can support a team with a diverse set of lifestyle options.
Own the Outcome: We are fiercely passionate and detail-obsessed. We take ownership of observed challenges to swiftly overcome obstacles and strive for outcomes that make our customers better off.
No Bulls**t: We all play a part in furthering our organization’s culture, when discussing ideas or challenging existing views, by communicating candidly with thoughtfulness and care.
Commit and Iterate: We tackle tough situations head-on by making informed bets. We define and measure our success based on our ability to take risks, fail with purpose, and continually iterate on our business.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.