SMB Account Executive - Remote US
San Francisco / United States /
Customer Success /
Rainforest QA is an on-demand testing software startup on a mission to disrupt the antiquated QA industry by enabling teams to deliver bug-free software at the speed of continuous delivery. QA is subjectively measured, inaccessible to most people, and a labor-intensive black box. We aim to make achieving quality easy by empowering everyone to own quality and to deliver results that are meaningful. Our commitment to remote work and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse tribe of owners working toward a common goal.
The SMB Account Executive is essentially the first sales hire for a new product led growth team so an entrepreneurial spirit, scrappy nature and“can do-attitude” must shine! The SMB AE will support a product led growth sales motion, acting as the primary point of contact for prospects and trial customers as well as encouraging product adoption, expansion and, eventually, paid conversion. The growth possibilities are limitless for someone who is successful in this role. The ideal candidate is a fantastic listener, self-motivated, hyper-focused on the customer experience and leans into a highly consultative sales process. Our product is incredibly powerful, nuanced and complex; the SMB AE must be able to truly understand the customer’s use case and provide personalized, strategic guidance on the best way to quickly achieve their quality goals.
- Enable paid conversions by proactively engaging and enabling prospects evaluating the product with a free trial
- Qualify prospects and provide clear expectations of whether or not Rainforest is the best tool to solve their pain points
- Consistently meet or exceed established quota for monthly paid conversion
- Monitor and enable prospect adoption; identify roadblocks and help prospects to overcome them
- Collaborate with Customer Success post-sale to ensure exceptional long term retention
- Synthesize feedback and patterns to push to our Product team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years experience in a technical, consultative sales role
- Fantastic active listening and communication skills
- Experience with proactively identifying, pursuing and engaging prospects to influence their purchase decision
- Proficient understanding of and experience with the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to resonate with a technical buyer (CTO, VP Eng)
- Unrivaled sense of autonomy, ownership, and comfort with a fast-paced startup
- Knowledge of business processes and how prospects make software buying decisions
- Curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning and growth
- Resilient and persistent; we’re looking for consultative problem solvers to help our prospective customer succeed!
- Competitive salary with equity.
- A locally-adjusted weekly allowance for lunches.
- A locally-adjusted monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Unlimited paid-time off.
- 3 company off-sites per year to bond with your team and explore exciting destinations around the world.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. 75% for dependents.
- Voluntary 401k program.
United States Residents Only:
About The Company
We are a truly distributed team, spanning across Asia/Pacific, Europe and North America (our headquarters is in San Francisco). Culturally we implore each other to champion our belief that life is about more than work and that we are all responsible in fostering a culture which can support a team with a diverse set of lifestyle options.
Own the Outcome: We are fiercely passionate and detail-obsessed. We take ownership of observed challenges to swiftly overcome obstacles and strive for outcomes that make our customers better off.
No Bulls**t: We all play a part in furthering our organization’s culture, when discussing ideas or challenging existing views, by communicating candidly with thoughtfulness and care.
Commit and Iterate: We tackle tough situations head-on by making informed bets. We define and measure our success based on our ability to take risks, fail with purpose, and continually iterate on our business.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a globally-distributed company, one of our largest negative externalities is travel, specifically air travel. As such, we calculated our annual carbon emissions at 203.59 tonnes of CO2 and paid to offset it until September 26th 2020.