Head of Design
Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. Our headquarters are in the heart of San Francisco’s financial district but we are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done. Learn more about Rainforest QA by visiting our LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, and Facebook pages.
Head of Design
We are looking for a Head of Design to lead, mentor, and guide a team of designers. Reporting to the VP Product, you will conduct user research and lead the software design process, in a high growth and exciting tech startup environment.
What you'll do
- Define and communicate the design strategy and vision for the company
- Translate business goals & objectives into a clear design strategy
- Own user-centered design process and improve supporting tools and infrastructure.
- Set clear goals, manage project loads and allocate the design team accordingly to ensure deadlines are met and team members are set up for success
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, marketing, and other key departments
- Apply fundamental user experience, design and research principles to deliver intuitive customer journeys
What we're looking for
- 5-8 years of experience designing product software, with at least 2 years in a product design leadership role where you have managed other designers.
- Relevant experience designing in a B2B environment
- Experience working with engineers, product managers, and designers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- A history of relevant UX/UI design work that showcases your ability to ship successful products
How we'll reward you
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- 100% Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered (75% for dependents)
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Voluntary 401k program
- Generous vacation time
- Professional development, in-office career coaching, and conference attendance
- Dog friendly offices
- Weekly team activities like happy hours, in-office yoga, and much more
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.