Solutions Engineer - Americas
United States /
Rainforest is a one-of-a-kind, no-code solution that makes the software testing process fast and easy. Developers, product people, and QA teams love us because we allow them to release product updates more quickly while maintaining a high-quality user experience.
We’re a fully-remote company with employees all over the world, and we’ve raised over $40M from premier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Bonfire Ventures, and Y Combinator.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to drive customer education, onboarding, adoption, and expansion (both pre- and post-sale). The Solutions Engineer will collaborate with Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to identify friction or pain in our customer’s software testing process and outline the ways Rainforest can help them break down silos, move faster, and achieve higher quality outcomes.
- Conduct personalized demos of the Rainforest platform to highly technical audiences.
- Lead the technical implementation for Proof-of-Concepts to help new customers thoughtfully configure their test environments and test data to establish an effective testing strategy.
- Leverage expert knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle to identify the right solutions for individual needs.
- Provide practical guidance to customers hoping to integrate Rainforest testing into their CI/CD pipeline.
- Become a trusted advisor, partnering closely with Sales and Customer Success to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Synthesize feedback and patterns to push to our Product and Engineering teams.
- Write blog posts, host webinars, lead office hours and join prospect/customer calls to demonstrate the value of Rainforest.
- Act as a technical escalation resource for the Customer Experience org, including Support, Sales and Customer Success.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years in a solutions / sales engineering role for a robust B2B SaaS product.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A proficient understanding of and experience working with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and managing a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience setting up QA environments, including seeding data.
- The ability to lead highly personalized, technical product demonstrations and lead Proof-of-Concepts for contract customers.
- Exceptional ability to resonate with a technical buyer (CTO, VP Eng) and a technical user.
- Fantastic active listening and communication skills.
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively live and asynchronously.
- Knowledge of business processes and how prospects make software buying decisions.
- A strong sense of autonomy, ownership, and comfort with a fast-paced startup.
- Someone who is curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning and growth.
- A scrappy, resilient and persistent problem solver; we’re looking for a consultative partner to help customers do QA a better way!
- Specific experience with writing and maintaining unit, integration and system tests preferred.
What’s in it for you
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on the company’s growth as the first solutions engineering hire.
- A unique opportunity to build a solutions engineering process that enables a Product Led Growth(PLG) model, working with both enterprise contract and self-serve customers.
- Getting to sell a product that’s differentiated, offers compelling value, and gets people in our market excited.
- A flexible work schedule. Outside of scheduled Zoom meetings and Slack sync-ups, work when and where is best for you to meet your commitments while having a life.
- Smart, collegial coworkers from many countries and backgrounds who care about their work and each other.
- Excellent employee benefits. (Scroll down to get the deets.)
What Rainforest offers
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees, 75% for dependents (U.S., only).
- Unlimited paid time-off (PTO).
- A weekly allowance for lunches and a monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Semi-annual company off-sites in exciting destinations around the world (during non-pandemic times). Join us in Barcelona in June!
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave and 8 weeks of paid leave for supporting parents (U.S., only).
- 401k (U.S., only).
About The Company
We are a truly distributed team, spanning across Asia/Pacific, Europe and North America(our headquarters is in San Francisco). Culturally we implore each other to champion our belief that life is about more than work and that we are all responsible in fostering a culture which can support a team with a diverse set of lifestyle options.
Own the Outcome: We are fiercely passionate and detail-obsessed. We take ownership of observed challenges to swiftly overcome obstacles and strive for outcomes that make our customers better off.
No Bulls**t: We all play a part in furthering our organization’s culture, when discussing ideas or challenging existing views, by communicating candidly with thoughtfulness and care.
Commit and Iterate: We tackle tough situations head-on by making informed bets. We define and measure our success based on our ability to take risks, fail with purpose, and continually iterate on our business.
A note on diversity and inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.