Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. Our headquarters are in the heart of San Francisco’s financial district but we are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.
As a DevOps Engineer at Rainforest you'll be working with more than 100 Linux servers running over a thousand VMs as well as our cloud infrastructure. A wide variety of tasks related to the operation of these VMs is to be expected. Efficient scaling as we grow is a top priority and we believe that development is not to be separated from operations; you will be writing code and working alongside developers to achieve these goals.
What you’ll do
- Troubleshoot problems in our VMs while working closely with our customers and crowdsourcing support teams
- Operations for more than 100 servers hosting 1000+ VMs
- Scale our infrastructure and increase efficiency
- Manage administration of our cloud infrastructure
- Database management
- Work both independently and within our distributed engineering team
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of Unix system administration experience
- Experience with virtualization this is a must have
- Scripting/programming skills
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/etc)
- A good understanding of computer network protocols
- Comfort with both cloud computing and bare metal servers
- Experience working successfully both independently and with teams
- Ruby, Rails, Elixir
- Redis, Postgres
How we’ll reward you
- Flexible, remote work options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- CPF Contribution
- Generous vacation time
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Professional development, career coaching, and conference attendance
- 2x per year onsites; we’ll fly you into our beautiful San Francisco office to spend quality time with your teammates, and 1x a year offsite to a fabulous destination with your team!
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.