Senior Software Developer
Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. Our headquarters are in the heart of San Francisco’s financial district but we are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.
Senior Software Developer
As a Senior Software Developer at Rainforest QA you'll be part of an experienced and diverse team with members all over the world. We were built as a distributed team from the beginning and we've committed to implementing tools and processes that allow for and support continuous and effective communication - across the world! We get together several times a year, at our headquarters in San Francisco, to cement our work relationships and ties to the company and to have some fun together!
What you’ll do
- Develop and test product features within sprint cycles in Ruby on Rails (and other modern technologies)
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and business teams to define new product features
- Act as a mentor to other engineers throughout the software development process
- Triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues alongside our Support Team
- For more information on the types of projects you'll be working on, check out our Github:https://github.com/rainforestapp
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years experience with Ruby-on-Rails (or similar technology), 12-factor apps, Postgres (or other SQL databases)
- Experience with git or other distributed SCM systems
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Love of writing unit tests and reviewing code
Bonus points for
- Exposure to Golang and Elixir
How we’ll reward you
- Flexible, remote work options
- Generous vacation time
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Professional development, career coaching, and conference attendance
- 2x per year onsites; we’ll fly you into our beautiful San Francisco office to spend quality time with your teammates, and 1x a year offsite to a fabulous destination with your team!
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.