People Operations Manager
People & Places
Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. Our headquarters are in the heart of San Francisco’s financial district but we are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.
As the People Operations Manager at Rainforest QA, you’ll use your excellent relationship building and organizing skills as you work side-by-side with our G&A team to support the overall planning, coordination, and administration of various Human Resources, Recruiting and IT policies, programs, and functions.
What you’ll do
- Own all of Benefits Administration such as Health, 401k, Commuter, and Open Enrollment and be the main point of contact for any employee benefits questions
- Assist in the process of obtaining and maintaining travel visas
- Preparing or maintaining employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software
- Facilitate the company wide performance review process
- Assist hiring managers with job postings, interview and meeting scheduling, sourcing, resume screening and maintenance of our ATS system
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations; keeping up to date on legislation/policy in the industry that could impact our people strategy
- Own the employee on-boarding and off-boarding process which includes: drafting offer letters and non-compete agreements, drafting other new hire/onboarding related materials, tracking onboarding completion and scheduling new hire orientations. Also assist in the offboarding process to ensure thoroughness
- Champion and role model our culture, values, and mission, finding ways to continually strengthen them at the company overall
- Develop, plan, execute employee engagement activities that increase employee collaboration and engagement including our 3 times a year company wide international and domestic offsites
- Drive and up-level all aspects of people operations including: on-boarding, off-boarding, performance management, benefits, and learning
- Purchase and acquisition of laptops, peripherals, and other electronics for office personnel
- Provision IT accounts and onboard new employees into our tech systems
- Create Strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve day-to-day operations.
- Resolve IT support requests through all communication channels; see the support request through to its resolution, escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders.
What you’ll need
- Three+ years of experience in a HR, Operations, or Recruiting role at a fast-growth tech environment (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 3 - 5+ years experience coordinating events
- Strong networking and relationship building ability -- you are a connector at your core
- A self-starter; strong sense of urgency, autonomy, and demonstrated ability to drive results.
- Proficiency in Google Apps and experience working with an HRIS, applicant tracking system, and social media tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong logistical skills, exemplary time management/organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Sound judgment and use of discretion in dealing with confidential conversations and information
- Ability to be fluid and adaptable to our changing priorities and needs
- Enthusiasm for maintaining and enhancing a great company culture
We are intentional about culture, and these are the highest level ways we have come up with to describe how we work and interact.
No BS, No Ego: We are radically candid with each other in every interaction. This means a lack of politics, a lack of showboating, a lack of BS. This also means brevity, clarity of thought, and clarity of communication. We give and take feedback without ego, with the knowledge that we all are operating with good intent. No ego is the check system to balance no BS and keep it kind. No ad-hominem attacks.
1% better every day: Continuous improvement is what motivates us. We design our product, our organization and our careers to be continually improving. Mistakes are only bad if they are repeated. Experiments are only wasted if they are not learned from.
Own the journey: We are all owners. We demand that of each other. The journey we own is threefold: our customers’ journey, our company’s journey and our personal journey. Our reason for existence is to nail our customer journey, so that we can scale our company’s success.