We are looking for an outstanding individual to join Rainmaking’s innovation strategy division in London.
At Rainmaking we build businesses for our corporate clients. We do so by relentlessly focusing on solving business problems. That's where we uncover opportunities and economic and strategic value. Where Rainmaking is special is that we focus on discovering value which may not yet be visible to the market. Our company DNA is that of entrepreneurs, leveraging startup methodology and mindsets to tackle problems differently. We look at opportunities from the lens of emerging business models, value chain shifts, technology drivers, and most importantly customer pain points.
We are looking for support for our research team which informs our view of the market and the basis of our strategy formulation. As a Rainmaking research associate you will have the opportunity to guide this direction. This process involves a mixture of studying industry trends, extracting critical information, analysing and writing up macro-shifts, and conducting customer interviews. The result of which will support our view on how an industry is changing, and most importantly, the role an organisation can play in that future.
Although every day is likely to be different, typical activities will include:
- Conduct industry research and extract key trends and learnings that work to inform our strategic opinion
- Generate insights about a client’s position within an industry, accounting for traditional and startup competition
- Gather thoughts from industry leaders and startup founders through interviews
- Creating collateral that supports better internal knowledge transfer and stronger engagement with new and existing clients
Experience & skills:
- Recent graduate or up to 3 years experience. Experience could include the likes of market research and scoping, economic analysis, technological review, and writing industry reports
- Data collection and analysis experience including interviews, surveys, market reports and analytical modelling
- Experience owning a work stream in a project and structuring analysis and presentation of results
- Evidence of an interest in startups through work or side projects
- A strong academic record and willingness to continue learning
- Program or project management experience, ensuring that deadlines are met and operations run effectively and efficiently
- Organisational skills and experience working on multiple projects with cross functional teams
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills, able to communicate information credibly and effectively
- Bachelors & Masters degree preferred from a top-tier university. Majoring in a subject such as Economics, PPE, International Relations (with Econ/finance focus), Philosophy (with Econ coursework) etc.
- Passionate about topics such as; startups, technology, venture capital and innovation
- A self-starter, with good communication and excellent writing skills with a structured mindset to approaching problem solving and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player that enjoys working with different types of people in cross-functional teams
- A hunger for learning and development. Rainmakers are united by their desire to constantly grow both personally and professionally